Friday, April 24, 2009

Reading program

This is going to seem just plain silly, since almost never can we sustain this kind of thing, but I am going to begin a formal reading program which consists of always having a book that I am working on from a specific list of categories, which are Christian spirituality, technical theology, philosophy, literature, a book of the Bible. I'm going to try to a certain extent to alternate between classical and books, but can't guarantee that.

Right now here is my list:
  • Christian spirituality: The Writings of St. Therese of the Andes
  • technical theology: Not yet chosen
  • philosophy: Whose Justice, Which Rationality?
  • literature: Kristin Lavransdatter
  • a book of the Bible: Sirach

My plan is to always keep them in my bag.

1 comment:

Bonaventurian said...

Wow. That is adventurous. If I finish The Great Divorce this summer, I will declare victory over my to read list.