Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fr. Barron on high school religion lite

My favorite Franciscan priest sent me this link in an e-mail:



I have been complaining about this ever since my daughter went to a Catholic high school where the religious education consisted of watching cheesy videos of Bible stories. At they same time they were reading hard-hitting literature in lit class. When I asked the sister in charge whether they taught the Church's teaching on birth control and NFP she said, "We do present it, but we know they won't accept it." What's up with that?

Fortunately, we responded the same way Fr. Barron did. Now St. Augustine's Confessions is one of her favorite books. Alas! She has no taste for St. Thomas! Well, as Fr. Bob would say, I should be giving her St. Bonaventure.

So, Therese, should Aeneas have killed Turnus?

No comments: