Brothers and sisters:
We, though many, are one Body in Christ and individually parts of one another.
[Use of gifts]
- Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us exercise them:
- if prophecy, in proportion to the faith;
- if ministry, in ministering;
- if one is a teacher, in teaching;
- if one exhorts, in exhortation;
- if one contributes, in generosity;
- if one is over others, with diligence;
- if one does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.
[love of God and neighbor]
- Let love be sincere;
- hate what is evil, hold on to what is good;
- love one another with mutual affection;
- anticipate one another in showing honor.
- Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
- Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.
- Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise hospitality.
- Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse them.
- Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.
- Have the same regard for one another;
- do not be haughty but associate with the lowly.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
by St. Paul, (Rom. 12:5-16ab), from yesterday's first reading. :