Monday, November 26, 2007

Antonio Rosmini

Until today I've never read anything by or about Fr. Antonio Rosmini, the philosopher whose writings were condemned by the Vatican from 1887 to 2001 and who is now going to be beatified. What I read today here on Catholicculture.org is very attractive. I am especially impressed by his anti-totalitarianism, his affirmation of the value of private property, his critique of the Enlightenment and his affirmation of the value of free exchange of and debate over ideas. Here is a link to Rosmini's philosophical, theological and spiritual works translated into English. At some point I'd like to explore them.

1 comment:

liturgy said...

You may be interested in my blog post on Rosmini:
http://www.liturgy.co.nz/worship/matters_files/antoniorosmini.html

And your readers might appreciate being pointed to this ecumenical liturgy and spirituality website on your blogroll:
www.liturgy.co.nz