Wednesday, January 07, 2004

What is this blog for?
I've dedicated this blog to the promotion of Catholic culture in the United States. I'm especially interested in retreaving the classical Catholic culture (in all its various manifestations) from the past. That means, for instance, an interest in the promotion of awareness of Eastern Christianity, as well as the patristic and medieval tradition. That is why I link to all those old Latin texts on the left.

I am also a big proponent of the ressourcement theologians of the 20th century, esp., of course, Henri de Lubac, who was the subject of my dissertation.

Right now I am beginning to read (in German) Romano Guardini's Besinnung vor der Feier der heiligen Messe. I hope to make some comments on that. I am also going to start a slow read of the book of Proverbs. Maybe I'll post some comments about that here, or on HMS.

No comments: