Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Well, that was quick
David Reuter, of the Center for Peace in the Family, wins in seconds with
Your guitar, it sounds so sweet and clear,
but you're not really here.
It's just the radio.
David says,
I cannot tell a lie...I cheated. Like I said in my email to you yesterday, I'm no good at lyrics. But, a little research made it easy! You may want to spell out a rule that calls for responses by "memory only".
To which I respond, it would be difficult to enforce such a rule. David won fair and square. If you really want to be an ueberwinner, just use your memory! But if you don't, no one will know!"

The song, "Superstar," by the Carpenters, is another of the unusually large number of sad songs that Karen Carpenter sang, especially in light of how sad and loveless her tragic life apparently was.


No comments: