Monday, December 09, 2002

A Kinder, Gentler Blog
In light of TCR's trenchant criticism of blogs, I'm hoping that my resurrected blog will avoid some of the worst offenses which Stephen Hand (?) enumerates. One thing for sure, though, is that blogs are often ego trips. (See the previously cited satire on Kairos). So is any publishing. And the young are especially susceptible to the lure of noteriety. My favorite blog, of course, is Kevin Miller's, which usually avoids the trap of trying to be simply clever.

Two things will be different about my new efforts. First, no comments boxes. You can e-mail me, though. This helps me avoid constantly trying to fish for comments. Second, I won't keep track of my stats via sitemeter. It is a waste of time. If you want to read, read! Otherwise, I'll just think of this as a kind of personal journal that I leave lying around.

No comments: